Foothills Academy Visitation hours are 1:00pm to 4:00pm on Sunday’s. You will be asked to remain in your vehicle until 1:00pm and to end your visit promptly at 4:00. In order to ensure a secure and pleasant visit, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines.
- Absolutely NO items are to be brought to residents during Sunday visitation.
- If a parent has an item for a resident, the item must be mailed to the facility with counselor’s name on the package.
- Foothills Academy is a drug free environment. All drugs, alcohol, contraband and paraphernalia are strictly prohibited.
- Foothills Academy is a tobacco free environment. Leave all tobacco products in your vehicle.
- Leave cell phones and cameras in your vehicle.
- No weapons or firearms are allowed on the grounds.
- Ensure your vehicle is locked and your kets are secure.
- Visitation is limited to immediate family only. Immediate family may include parents, siblings and grandparents. Others must remain in the vehicle. Failure to adhere to the approved visitor list will jeopardize your future visits.
- All family members must sign in upon arrival.
- Do not leave the designated visitation area after you have signed in.
- Visit only the child you have been approved to visit.
- Your child’s needs are being met during his stay at Foothills Academy. Do not bring or send money, food or packages. In the event that there is a special need, we will let you know how you may help.
- A counselor and staff are available to speak with you about your son’s treatment program at Foothills Academy.
- Visitation other than Sunday, or visitors not listed on the resident approval list, must be pre-approved by the counselor.
- All phone calls will be for ten minutes only.
- All residents will be allowed to call home on their date of admission.
- Each resident is allowed one incoming call per week. (Day will be designated according to what group you are placed in)
- Phone calls will be to immediate family or others approved by counselor and community worker.
- Residents on ISS are allowed to receive one 5-minute phone call but are not allowed to make a phone call.
- Outgoing phone calls are Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- All mail must be logged in the mail log.
- Incoming mail will be given to the resident at, or as close to, 6 p.m. as possible.
- All residents may be allowed to correspond with individuals on their approved contact list.
- Foothills will provide two stamps per week to residents if requested.
Family members can now keep up with their youths progress by being apart of treatment team meetings via Skype. Contact us for more information on how you can participate.